Sunday, June 8, 2008

For awhile now I have been wrestling with talking to someone about a situation that I have been concerned about. I honestly didn't want to have to be the one to have this conversation. It's been for at least six months that I have been fighting against having to do this. And even longer that I have been thinking about it. So over the past week, this concern has grew and more people were making me aware of it. All week I prayed, journaled and spoke to people that I respect to try and figure out the best way to address this concern. Not once did the right words come out of my mouth and I couldn't even write them on paper. However, I truly felt God was asking me to be responsible and to step up. So I made the appointment. As I sat in the parking lot the morning of my appointment I said to God, "If you really want me to do this, you are going to have to talk through me because I have not been able to say this clearly." Soon after Elizabeth called me and encouraged me and prayed for me. My heart stopped pounding and I felt at peace. As soon as I opened my mouth during my meeting God showed up! It was amazing. I can truly say God spoke through me. Everything I needed to say was said and in my opinion it was as clear as could be. Questions were asked of me that allowed me to state the things I needed to say and provided smooth transitions in places I was anxious about. God is so good! He is so faithful! I know that God was asking me to do this because it was only through Him that I was understood, accepted, and heard.
I know this entry is very vague but I really wanted to share with you how God is faithful!


By the way...at church today Isaac preached about Jonathan (Samuel's son) and how he stopped saying "someday I'll..." and he stepped up and said "today I will." There is always "someday" but at some point "someday" has to turn into "today". What better time then now? Is there something God has been asking you to do? Something you need to quit, start, or do? If so don't say, "I'll do it tomorrow" make it today!

No comments: